Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tree House ~ Astro House

I noticed that creator of Woody Woodpecker, Walter Lantz, was born this week in 1899 (on 27 April). Thought I'd run a post of mine from 2008 again - for reasons which will become obvious:

An old fruit tree used to grow in our backyard, close to the house, but it was dangerously weakened by the nasty ice storm we had two or three years back; it had to be removed. Before that sad occasion a woodpecker, during the previous spring, got busy noisily making a home. My husband watched him regularly, got a series of nice shots. He put his own captions to a series of them on Flickr, but with his permission I seconded a few of the photographs and added my own captions, more fitting to an astrology blog. The photographs show a house of sorts, houses are part and parcel of astrology.

1st House. (The self)
"HI! THIS IS ME!"



2nd House (property, possessions)
"AND THIS IS MY HOUSE!"



3rd House (communication)
"HELLO Y'ALL! CAN YOU HEAR ME?"



4th House (home, mother/parent)
A MOTHER'S WORK IS NEVER DONE!



5th House (children, creativity)
"SQUAAAAAK.....FEED ME!"



6th House (hygiene, health)
"THE KIDS MAKE SUCH A MESS. TIME FOR A CLEAN-UP"





7th House (partnerships, relationships)

"WHERE'D YA GO, WENDY? - I'M WATIN' FOR YA."



8th House (sex, passion)
"DO I LOOK SEXY IN THIS?"



9th House (religion, travel)
"SHHH....THE PASTOR IS AT THE DOOR. I'M STAYING AWAY!"



10th House (work, career)
"IT'S HARD WORK HOUSE-BUILDING"



11th House (friends and wishes)
A FRIEND AT THE DOOR - "CAN I COME IN FOR A CHAT?"



12th House (seclusion)
"A BODY NEEDS TO GET AWAY FOM IT ALL SOMETIMES"




8 comments:

JD said...

excellent pics :)

I used to love Woody Woodpecker at the saturday morning cinema (cartoons followed by Flash Gordon or some such; I'm sure you remember those days)

Wisewebwoman said...

As soon as I started reading the Woody Woodpecker song shot into my head and now I've an ear worm.
Thanks T!
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

JD ~~ Thanks - I'll pass that on to the photographer, JD. :-)

Yes I remember it well - queueing for the 3d or 6d seats, depending whether it was the "new" cinema or the flea pit. Roy Rogers & Trigger, as I recall were frequently on the agenda along with Woody W-pecker and others.

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~~
Ho ho ho hoo ho......!!!
;-)

CherryPie said...

A great series of photos :-)

Twilight said...

Cherry Pie ~~ Thanks - I'll pass it on to Himself - the photographer.
:-)

James Higham said...

Fabulous set of photos and what is it about treehouses anyway? The moment I saw that in the title, I came straight in.

Twilight said...

James Higham - Thanks - will pass thanks on. All kinds of tree houses have fascination for earth dwellers. I guess we could say that trees are our cousins.
;-)