Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Jupiter & Sagittarius

Above is by Ronald Searle, Searle's Zodiac
For a variety of posts touching on zodiac sign Sagittarius and planet Jupiter, please go to the Label Cloud in my sidebar and click accordingly. A scant few dregs more follow:

From Mythic Astrology by Liz Greene:
"Whenever we look around us and imagine possibilities bigger and better than the world in which we live, we are expressing Jupiter. When we say to ourselves, "Surely there is some lesson to be learned from the experience!" it is the voice of Jupiter telling us there is an intelligent pattern hidden beneath seemingly chance events. Yet many people find it difficult to express the mythic giver of gifts in ordinary life. Fearful of the future and lacking faith in both themselves and in life, some individuals cling too tightly to what they know rather than open doors to the possibilities of what might be...............................

A hopeful spirit depends, not on the concrete props of a reliable job or a solid bank account, but on a deep intuitive conviction that life is ultimately on our side. The urge to journey into the future, and the belief that we will somehow find the resources needed to get there, are both expressions of the bright planet which physically dominates the sky with its bigness, and equally dominates our dreams of the future with its message of enthusiasm and hope."

Words of three famous Sun in Sagittarius types:

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
― Winston S. Churchill (born November 30, 1874)

“For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”
― Winston S. Churchill

“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”
― Noam Chomsky (born December 7, 1928)

“I'm not much but I'm all I have.”
― Philip K. Dick, Martian Time-Slip (born December 16, 1928)

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick.



7 comments:

Sonny G said...


My daughter is a Sag and to me she's the greatest person alive:) no prejudice of course lol.
She has an aqua moon and a cappie rising . that combo keeps her fairly balanced as well as a person of integrity.
My step dad was also a sag and I couldnt have asked to be more loved or supported.
thats 2 of my sag experiences. There are many more:)

mike said...

I don't attract Sagittarius Suns into my realm. My only valid Sag Sun (and ascendant) experience is my older sister, a born-again Christian for the past three decades. She's certain I'm destined for fire and brimstone.

Jupiter is a tricky planet to interpret in a chart. Most individuals want to know the candy coating in their astrology and most astrologers use the Jupiter effect. I've found that Jupiter aspects do lend a positive spin, but usually at a price and often have minimal endurance...more of the co-rulership of Pisces effect...nebulous and soluble...beneficial if used in a spiritual, philosophical, or educational advancement, as opposed to material affairs. Look at Saturn for the truer, long-term, "no pain, no gain", benefits.

mike (again) said...

P.S. - Jupiter rules two mutable signs (Pisces and Sagittarius), therefore has transient and changeable characteristics...things are not always what they seem. Saturn rules one fixed and one cardinal sign (Aquarius and Capricorn), therefore has action potential and permanence...things are more real than they seem.

Twilight said...

Sonny ~ I like your daughter's astro-combo - a good one! :-)

Twilight said...

mike ~ I haven't (knowingly) had many Sagittarius Suns within my own circle. My mother's sister (Nov. 26) is the only family member I know of with Sagittarius Sun (there's a post about here in the Sag. archives).

I like my own Venus in Sag - and blame it for my travelling urges. ;-)

Good point you make about Jupiter ruling two mutable signs - hadn't thought about that aspect before.

My Jupiter in Pisces is kind of twinned with my Sun through both being at 6 degrees so semi-sextile.
For me it seems to manifest as a draw to mysteries, astrology being one of them, but Aquarius Sun needing to be logical will dispense with anything it can't stomach (such as progressions, midpoints...and suchlike). Of course Jupiter in Pisces could be fogging my windscreen in that direction at the same time. But I'm quite fond of my Pisces bit, I think it tends to soften hard-edged Aquarius for me.

I've written somewhere in posts that I've often wondered whether astrologers have had Jupiter a wee bit wrong for centuries, Juopiter being such a huge planet and thought to have possibly destroyed other bodies in its tracks back in the mists of time. If it has been a bulldozer of a planet how come it's always been thought to be lucky?

mike (again) said...

Off topic - Maybe this is your missing genealogy...LOL. Could you be related to royalty? Can't depend on lineage genealogy...gotta have that DNA test. I think we're all bastards.

"While researchers weren't able to say where on the family tree the adultery occurred, they said the findings potentially raise questions about the legitimacy of Henry V, Henry VI and the entire Tudor dynasty, including Henry VIII and Elizabeth I."

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/12/02/englands-king-richard-iii-identified-with-dna/21001827/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl10|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D574253

Twilight said...

mike (again) ~ Me? Hardly. I doubt any of my genealogical "brick walls" caused by illegitimate births or wrong information, could possibly have been due to anything other than a few other sons of the soil having their bit on the side.

Yet, I read somewhere that if we could trace our lines back far enough we'd all find some link to royal lines or at least "noble" lines.

Back even further and we'd reach the apes too! Or maybe visitors from another universe.......or cybermen....or AI made flesh.....