Monday, October 08, 2018

Music Monday ~ Jeff & Haley (Goldblum & Reinhart)


I wasn't aware that Jeff Goldblum had musical as well as acting talent, until I listened to the video below and read about his upcoming album release (HERE).

‘The Capitol Studios Sessions’ is the highly anticipated album from Jeff Goldblum and The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra.

Goldblum, who has been playing the piano since he was a child, has performed with his jazz band at venues in Los Angeles and New York City over the past few decades. When he’s not filming, the actor hosts a weekly jazz variety show at LA’s Rockwell Table and Stage. Frequented by locals and A-listers alike, the show intersperses Goldblum’s love of jazz with his passion and skills at improvised comedy.

I was aware, however, that Haley Reinhart is a superb jazz singer. We first saw Haley some seven years ago when she was a contestant on American Idol. She didn't win, but came third. It's good to see her name popping up now and again; it appears she is, gradually, making quite a name for herself. Good!



2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

She's such a great singer. I don't know why I never liked Goldblum. an instinctive thing.

XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~ She is! I hope she'll have a long career ahead. :)

I don't dislike Jeff Goldblum, but haven't seen much of him in movies recently. I know what you mean by 'instinctive' - there are a couple of popular movie or music stars I have taken an instant dislike to, but cannot explain why. I shall blame it on their/my astrology ;-)