Thursday, November 25, 2010

"....Still I'd like to express my thanks"

With Irving Berlin's song from Annie Get Your Gun, a sincere thank you to readers and commenters for their interest in my blog. And Thanksgiving Greetings to all - celebrating or not. Greetings and thanks never go amiss! I like this particular song for me and my astrology blog: Sun in the morning and the Moon at night are truly astrology's stock in trade - not that I do any trade, but you know what I mean. Personally, too, I have more to be thankful for than just the two great lights:






Lovely husband....check
Part share in his lovely family....check
Talented, interesting blog buddies...check
Enough of everything to keep body & soul together....check.


This version of the song is by Jacobson JCC in Roslyn, which (I think) is in the Long Island region of New York. Sound and vocal is good - gestures, dancing and arm waving gets giggle-worthy in places, but that just adds to its charm!

Taking stock of what I have and what I haven't
What do I find?
The things I got will keep me satisfied
Checking up on what I have and what I haven't
What do I find?
A healthy balance on the credit side

Got no diamond
Got no pearl
Still I think I'm a lucky girl
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night

Got no mansion
Got no yacht
Still I'm happy with what I got
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night

Sunshine
Gives me a lovely day
Moonlight
Gives me the Milky Way

Got no checkbooks
Got no banks
Still I'd like to express my thanks
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night

And with the sun in the morning
And the moon in the evening
I'm all right.



6 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Himself, T.
A lovely post - and I did sing that song on stage when I was on the good side of twenty, LOL many years ago now but I've always loved it.
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

WWW ~~~ Thank you kindly! Those old musicals are great aren't they, I never tire of hearing the songs from them.

Just after I'd published this post I clicked on something on-line which brought me a very nasty trojan virus - called Think Point.
One of those trojans that block your system and pretend to be doing a scan - won't let you do anything. It has taken me 2 hours to get rid of it, it even got into Safe Mode somehow. Luckily I had Himself's computer available to look for advice.....for that I'm thankful - for ThinkPoint I am definitely not. :-(
Thank goodness for System Restore - but it was tricky to access this time.

Gian Paul said...

On a sideline: Sunday for Christians, Saturday for the Jews, Friday for the Muslims, Thursday for Americans - or increasingly for consumers?

PS. Published after Thanksgiving on purpose, as an after-thought to your nice post Twilight. As a reflection on how e-commerce (everything e- these days) is taking on the (still) existing, "romantic" world. Privacy, trojan viruses etc.

Twilight said...

Gian Paul ~~~ Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are reserved for future religions to honor as they see fit, I guess, GP. :-) In the year 4054 people or lifeforms on Earth will be worshipping something or other each Tuesday, with weird ritual and no small amount of fear. ;-)

Yes, I suppose the unpleasant characters who build trojan viruses take advantage of certain times of year to increase their trickery. I clicked on a link to a video of a popular TV personality from a show this week - that was where the virus was hiding. Such things anger me a lot - not so much for myself, but for people who live alone, with just one computer available, and not much experience with such problems. They'd be tempted to buy the product the trojan is offering as a way to get rid of it....blackmail.

Gian Paul said...

I use a German/Finish anti-virus program. It's slow, but so far protected me like hell.

At times I was temped to go without, but seeing your recent experience, and hearing of what some friends (unprotected), told me, I continue to prefer having a slow net rather than this type of intruders.

Hackers (and alia) are serving what the church would call the devil, better never link into any Vatican or other religious site. They must be there for sure.

Twilight said...

Gian Paul ~~~ I use Vipre anti-virus software. After having had many problems with the big ones - Norton and Macafee - in the past I've stayed well away from them. Vipre has been doing fine until now. It popped up to warn me of the threat yesterday, but the virus/trojan must have just "beat it to the punch".

Yes the hackers and virus spreaders are cyber vandals.

I'd always give the Vatican a wide berth, GP - they are vandals of a different stripe. ;-)