Wednesday, November 03, 2010

3 November = Cliché Day

Who knew? On this day we are to use as many as possible of those well-worn phrases known as clichés, abhorred by the literary elite (and my husband). My view: altitude is determined by attitude, I've no axe to grind, so I'll get off on the right foot, make an astrological killing, cliché -wise. I've unearthed a few clichés to fit each zodiac sign.

Let's get to it... hot to trot and aiming for the full monty. Alrighty then!




Aries~ gunning for a fight - quick off the mark - eat my dust - skating on thin ice - when the going gets tough the tough get going - don't jump to conclusions

Taurus~ you can never be too rich, too blonde or too thin - what's cookin' good lookin'? - it's not over 'til the fat lady sings - strong as an ox

Gemini~ shootin' the breeze - put your money where your mouth is - talk the hind leg off a donkey - the writing's on the wall

Cancer~ the hand that rocks the cradle - home is where the heart is - mi casa, su casa.

Leo~ the world's a stage - the show must go on - all dressed up and nowhere to go - glowing like a good deed in a naughty world - too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Virgo~ pure as the driven snow - leaving no stone unturned - mind your p's and q's - getting your ducks in a row

Libra~ smooth operator - give a little, take a little - on equal footing - but on the other hand

Scorpio~ scream bloody murder - no guts no glory - glass half-empty - keep your eyes peeled for trouble - always darkest before the storm

Sagittarius ~ the more the merrier - bitten off more than he can chew - hit the road - glass half-full

Capricorn~ lay down the law - time to pay the piper - oldie but goodie - a penny saved is a penny earned

Aquarius~ free as a bird - comparing apples to oranges - get down to the nitty-gritty - out where the buses don't run - born before his time

Pisces~ miracles will never cease! - out of the blue - there's something fishy about that - third time's a charm - he's sleeping it off.


Now, let me be clear about this - I know it was a half-baked idea, but it's right up my alley and I felt like rolling with the flow.

And, by the by - don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.....



8 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh you had me LOLling there, T. Funny funny stuff....
XO
WWW

Astrology Unboxed said...

This put a smile on my face, Twilight. Thanks.
I love cliches because part of them are so true and resonates with people.
Being an Aries, my favorite one is the one that describes this sign as NOT being afraid to rush in where angels fear to tread

Unknown said...

And if you've gone the Full Monty then watch out for this warning ;-)

"And, by the by - don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out....."

Twilight said...

WWW, Astrology Unboxed, Rossa ~~

Glad you liked 'em. I enjoyed sorting them out. I like clichés to be honest, though do acknowledge that, overused, (or used at all) they don't make for the best of writing.

Rossa ~~ Oucheee!!

Gian Paul said...

At a friend's house I got to read your blog, Twilight. Adorable posts, from Gauguin to Niki S.Ph. to this one. Hope you're having a nice vacation.

To your selection of clichés I found them very entertaining - and artistic.

PS. My internet problem is still not resolved. Hoping for Venus going direct, i.e.soon, in a week or so.

Twilight said...

Gian Paul ~~~~hi again! Thanks for those kind words - they are much appreciated.

I hope you manage to get back in the groove with regard to Blogger - it'd be good to have you back guesting again. Miss you! :-)

Gian Paul said...

Oh Twilight, I am still at that friend's house, saw your response and good wishes for my internet problem. It's not "all roses": I was ready to install two intermediary antennas on two hills closeby in our tropical forest here (after negociating with the neighbours there) when the "pirate providor" got cold feet. Apparently in the city he operates with less risk of being detected by the authorities then going longer distance. He also said that frequent thunder here is adding to problems in the forest (he is right in that, last winter, dry season here, I had about half an acre burned by thunder).

Will try to improve things via the official providors, already changed back to the old phone (modem) company and things there have improved.

PS. We now have a former bank-robber-revolutionary-woman President here, Dilma Rousseff (born 14 Dec. 1947, time of birth unknown). High on her agenda are: continue to fight poverty and get broad - band internet all over the place. Like her for that, foremost.

Twilight said...

Gian Paul ~~~ I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to get back with us, in spite of difficulties there. It's amazing that you can receive any sort of signal in the remote area where you live, so I'm not a bit surprised about the problems you're facing. :-)

I rather like the sound of your new woman Prez. Swap ya for Obama? ;-)
If and when you get back to Blogger you can let us have your views on her astrology.