Thursday, September 20, 2007

Impatient

Astrologer C.E.O. Carter says in his Encyclopedia of Psychological Astrology, "Patience is a Saturn virtue. If this planet is afflicted by Mars or Uranus, or indeed, if these are more prominent than Saturn, there is usually impatience. Mercury can also be considered in this respect."

I'm impatient by nature, and have always put this down to natal Moon in Aries (ruled by Mars). My natal Saturn is in Aries too, 12 degrees from Moon, this probably adds to the problem. Natal Mercury is in Saturn's home sign of Capricorn, not an impatient Mercury, but with Capricorn's ruler in Aries - who knows?

I'm needing to curb my impatience currently. To date the cheque which accompanied my application for US citizenship, sent to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service on 26 July, almost 8 weeks ago, has still not been cashed. USCIS has issued notices on-line indicating that they have what they call a "front-log" of cases. In normal circumstances cheques are cashed and applications get underway within a week to 10 days of receipt. We've now been told that it's taking up to 90 days to issue receipts due to this front-log.

It'll be interesting to see whether things start to move around the time when Venus reaches 2* Virgo again, the point at which the recent retrograde started, but I shall not hold my breath - even that is far too optimistic an expectation as things are turning out. I must also bear in mind that Mercury will turn retrograde on 12 October, almost dovetailing Venus. Nice! Citizenship in time for the 2008 presidential election is looking ever more unlikely. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered to apply in the first place. Grumble....grumble.

A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe fruit at length falls into his lap. Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865.

That was easy for you to say, Abe - you had Aquarian Sun like me, but you didn't have my impatient Moon in Aries - in fact, Moon would have been in much more patient Capricorn if you were born before noon. Your Mercury lay in Pisces, with Saturn/Neptune in Sagittarius trining Venus in Aries. That lineup delivered some amazing things, but it seems that impatience wasn't among them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, long wait! I'd also be going crazy by now. :-(

My parents have been suffering similar impatience and stress with trying to get their passports (South Africa) renewed.

On the brighter and hopeful sude - I was sworn in as a British citizen today. :-)

Hope yours stars being processed ASAP, Twilight.

Twilight said...

Oh! Congratulations, Michelle! Good news! :-)

I hope your parents' quest has a speedy conclusion.

I'm resigned to a VERY long wait, now. It's disappointing, and frustrating, but nothing I can do about it.