Tuesday, October 28, 2008

An Aquarian's New Clothes

Revelations of costs involved in Governor Sarah Palin's makeover, carried out to match her new status as Republican VP candidate, came as quite a surprise: $150,000 on clothes, and over $4,000 on makeup and hair consultants. That's a lot of dosh to women who function outside of the champagne and caviar belt. Even the $5,000 spent on new clothes, makeup and hair styling for women featured in TV's "What Not to Wear" will seem frugal now! Even more surprising to yours truly is that Gov. Palin would go along with this nonsense - it doesn't fit her quintuple Aquarian blueprint.

I'm a singular Aquarian myself, with Sun alone in the sign of the Water Bearer. I have no idea what it would be like to walk a mile in the moccasins (or Manolo Blahniks) of a five-times Aquarian like Sarah Palin. Even so, I'm shocked that she would allow staffers of the Republican National Committee to dictate to her how she should dress.

Astrologer Alex Miller-Mignone describes her thus, at Daykeeper Journal:

" .....a maverick reformer, a woman of the people, concerned with the public weal; rebellious, an individualistic, free spirit who isn’t afraid of making waves in a just cause. The conjunction of Saturn with the Sun indicates her conservative, possibly reactionary, nature, and Mars here tends to fight its battles in career and with a high public profile. Forceful and dynamic as only Sun/Mars can be, Sun/Saturn also means that Palin is easily seen as a leader or Chief Executive. Palin is a force to be reckoned with, whatever happens in November."

Free spirit, individualistic ? What went wrong? Even my own singular Aquarian Sun would not allow anyone to tell me how to dress. Not ever! It pains me even to go to the hairdresser once in 6 weeks to tint the grey, and I can't wait to get home to re-do the "do". Nobody, and I do mean nobody, could ever dictate to me on matters of appearance!

Yesterday Gov. Palin told a crowd at one of her rallies that she is "back in her own clothes", and as for those others "they were there, so I put 'em on". Really? Hadn't she spoken with staffers about sizes etc ? Hadn't she been a willing party to the attempt to perform an Eliza Doolittle on her ?

In my book, a quintuple Aquarian would have demonstrated her individualistic nature by demanding to wear whatever she felt like, even if the preference were to be buckskins and moonboots. A "woman of the people" does not wear obscenely expensive jackets the cost of which would keep an average family in food and gas for a month or more. Such outfits are more fitting for a Leo lady. Perhaps Palin has Leo rising, which could account for the anomaly.

In my view Sarah Palin lets the Aquarian side down on several levels. Most importantly in her politics! She supports the conservative, capitalist status quo! This is against all Aquarian ideals. Her Sun conjunct Saturn is muddying clear Aquarian air, and blocking the true maverick buried somewhere in her soul. Perhaps it was starting to peep through in the pic below? There she looks more like "a woman of the people".


5 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I think it a case of overweaning ambition, T, and a decision to do just about anything to get there including listening to her handlers re her clothes.
I also believe that there is a massive disconnect going on with most politicians in that they do not relate to the overall electorate's pockets and would not see the discrepancy of wearing an outfit of clothes that would feed a poor family for a year.
Until it's pointed out to them.
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

WWW ~~~ You could well be correct on both points. I hope that through their travels across the USA over past 18 months or so that some clearer idea of how different is the reality of life in the USA, away from their respective ivory towers!

I think Clinton "got it", Obama too, and Palin ought to. McCain probably has no idea!

Anonymous said...

Alex Miller-Mignone is, I believe, too weak in his assessment of Palin. Here is a woman obsessed with ambition. Only the presidency will do for her, and she'll stab anyone in the back to get it, eventually. Her supposed 'woman of the people' act is no more than that, and the means to a very self-centered end.

Anonymous said...

Alex Miller-Mignone is, I believe, too weak in his assessment of Palin. Here is a woman obsessed with ambition. Only the presidency will do for her, and she'll stab anyone in the back to get it, eventually. Her supposed 'woman of the people' act is no more than that, and the means to a very self-centered end.

Twilight said...

Hi RJ---sorry abiout having to moderate comments by the way. I had a spam-bot visit last night and it took me ages to go through and clear them all. I've adjusted mod to posts "older than 2 days" now though).

Re Palin - yes, her remark yesterday - something to the effect that "I'm not doing this for nought" when asked about 2012 election, point to your being correct!

I blame an overlaod of Aquarius - it was my very firs impression when she appeared on the scene, before we know anything about her at all. "Too much of a good thing" were the words I used on my blog - and got hauled over the coals for it by a commenter! ;-)