Sunday, May 18, 2008

Moon in Scorpio - again

When the Moon is full or almost full, as it is now, around midnight it shines into one of the north-facing windows in our bedroom, the one close to my side of the bed. Lying there looking upward through the gauzy drapes and venetian blind I watch it. When the sky is clear, as it often is in this part of the world, the Moon's light illuminates the room with a silvery glow. I can't get my head around exactly why the full Moon lies in this position each month around midnight, but it does. Because my ascendant sign is Cancer, I'm said to be ruled by the Moon, so it's a little bit magical to regularly see my ruler when she's at her brightest and best. She's in Scorpio just now, for a second visit this month.

FULL MOON
One night as Dick lay fast asleep,
Into his drowsy eyes
A great still light began to creep
From out the silent skies.
It was the lovely moon's, for when
He raised his dreamy head,
Her surge of silver filled the pane
And streamed across his bed.
So, for a while, each gazed at each-
Dick and the solemn moon-
Till, climbing slowly on her way,
She vanished, and was gone.
By Walter de la Mare


Speaking of Scorpio - yesterday we visited a picturesque little town called Medicine Park with my husband's second son, who's visiting from Ohio. We spotted this scorpion sculpture. It'd make an unusual garden ornament, but as it wouldn't fit in the car, I had to make do with a photograph.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Sale? How much would they 'sting' you for that? Ooops! Sorry! ;-)

Twilight said...

LOL! Hi RJ

It was one of those situations where, if one had to ask how much, one couldn't afford it. So I didn't bother!