Friday, July 20, 2018

Arty Farty Friday ~ "Nanu"


This is fun!
Famous Artists Depicted As Animals In Art History In Series Of Humorous Illustrations

The artists illustrated by Krishna "Nanu" Chavda cover more genres than painters, but for Arty Farty Friday I've borrowed a trio of painters as samples - do go see the rest!
Chavda’s imagination is so wild, she sees famous artists in animals. She has created a series of 10 illustrations based on either a self-portrait of an artist, one of their artworks, or the artists’ art-making techniques.
The artist, Krishna Chavda, originally from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, spent much of her time as a child drawing or building something from paper with tape and staples. In 2011, she earned her MFA in Illustration from the Savannah College of Art and Design.

The artist's own website is HERE.




Note: My own archived post on Keith Haring is HERE.





Note: One of my own archived posts on Jackson Pollock is HERE.






Note: I could've sworn I'd done a post on Leonardo, but if I did, it's lost, sunk without trace! Here's a mention in one of my posts, of another artist who has written and illustrated a book about the great Leonardo:

3 comments:

R J Adams said...

Love 'em!!!

anyjazz said...

Fun stuff!

Twilight said...

RJ Adams & anyjazz ~~ :-)