Monday, February 05, 2007

The Prince of Wales and the British Throne

I've noticed a few predictions recently relating to the heir to the British throne.
The most recent, from astrologer Andrew J. Bevan states that it's likely Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, will shortly renounce his claim to the throne in favour of his elder son Prince William. The astrologer surmises that if this does not occur in the near future, then an announcement is still likely before the end of the year. I recall some discussion along similar lines in Noel Tyl's forum, and elsewhere, in recent months.

I recall that, way back in the 1950s and 60s when Prince Charles was young, astrologers or psychics were predicting that he "would never be king". Such predictions have surfaced from time to time, ever since. It'll be very interesting to see whether these long-standing predictions will come true. If they are ever to do so, then the next year or two is a likely time, bearing in mind the Queen's age, Prince Charles' marriage, and the fact that Prince William is approaching an age when it would be reasonable for him to take on the responsibility.

2 comments:

Ron Southern said...

Chigger is an entirely fanciful name, invented by some older friends of mine when I was in high school and they were involved in beatnik culture and coffee houses. Hippies were just being born. Anyway, the name applied to my home town and I'VE always found it applicable!

Twilight said...

Hi Ron
Welcome to the Twilight Zone ;-)

I suspected as much (Chigger). Thanks for confirming. I can make a wild guess about the city - it's a bit of a twilight zone itself, I believe. One of my husband's daughters lives there.