Thursday, August 07, 2008

Leo/Gemini personified: Garrison Keillor

Garrison Keillor. Before I met the husband I'd never even heard the name, but during the time we spent together in England he introduced me to Mr. Keillor via on-line recordings of the weekly radio show "A Prairie Home Companion" - he's a great fan of both the show and Keillor's books.

I've come to recognise during my time in the USA that Garrison Keillor is something of a national treasure, like Norman Rockwell and Grandma Moses. He manages to blend the best of the past with the best of the present in such an amiable way that it would be hard to find fault. His shows are comfortable easy-listening material, often chuckle-worthy, always thoroughly good-natured. As well as being a radio personality and humorist he's an author, musician and consummate storyteller.

It's Mr Keillor's birthday today - born 7 August 1942 in Anoka, Minnesota at 6.42am (Astrotheme's time).



Sun, ascendant, Mercury and Pluto in Leo (also Chiron), Uranus, Saturn and Moon in Gemini, Mars and Neptune in Virgo, Venus and Jupiter in Cancer.

Leo and Gemini rule this roost - and so appropriately too. He comes across as a typically warm, ebullient Leo with all the communication skills of Gemini, lightly touched by the sensitivity of Cancer and perfectionism of Virgo.

Planets in his natal chart inhabit only 4 of the 12 signs, condensing the qualities of these and bringing acute focus to houses 1, 10, 11 and 12 - self, career, hopes, wishes and group associations, and some withdrawal and isolation needed for writing and preparation.

He's a likeble character - I have only one complaint: he endorsed Barack Obama. I suppose I must forgive him that - nobody's perfect (wink).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. KEILLOR!

Here he is reading briefly from his book "Pontoon" and talking about insomnia and Lake Wobegone:

5 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

T, I've been an enormous fan of his for years. He brings droll to an entirely new level. interesting chart.
XO
WWW

Spicedogs said...

I am a great fan of his. Have been for years. He is great author, poet of silly poetry, entertainer, musician, MC, etc., and unlike you, I welcome that he is a Barack Obama supporter.

How did you find out the hour of his birth?

Twilight said...

WWW ~~~ His humour is very gentle, but almost always there's an undercurrent of social comment there, but without any sting. He's a multi-talented guy for sure.

Twilight said...

Hello spicedogs

Sorry - I forgot to leave a link to Astrotheme's page for GK - I usually try to remember to do that.
Here it is:
http://www.astrotheme.fr/en/portraits/pMaA574xYND2.htm

Yes, he's unique on the scene today in the USA, can't think of another to compare. :-)

Twilight said...

Spicedogs - meant to say - Astrotheme gave his time of birth as 6.40 (I inadverantly added 2 mins - but it won't change a great deal, at least not for my own brief run-down)

Thanks for dropping by, and commenting!