Monday, February 25, 2008

Mike Huckabee's Leo & SNL

The more I see Mike Huckabee on TV, the more I warm to him - not his politics (perish the thought), nor his religion, just his personality. He's real. Know what I mean?

I wrote a blog about him (here) earlier in the presidential campaign. Since then I've seen him interviewed, listened to his speeches and watched his reaction to winning and losing after primaries, with growing appreciation.

Governor Huckabee's latest appearance, in Saturday Night Live at the weekend was fun. The man's a natural. I wish he'd give up his current career and get himself a chat show or something similar. Something far removed from religion or politics. He's entertaining, warm and charismatic, you can't learn those qualities, they come part of your astrological package. Five Leo planets form a big part of Governor Huckabee's astro-package. He has already tried two professions suitable for a quintuple-Leo personality, one more remains: show-biz! I'd bet good money that he'd be a bigger success there than he could ever be in the other two.

"There's a greater chance that I would dye my hair green and get tattoos all over my body and do a rock tour with Amy Winehouse than there is that I would run for the Senate, so let me put that to rest."

"And the ultimate thing is, I may not be the expert that some people are on foreign policy, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night."


PS: Speaking of Saturday Night Live, I'm not passing this opportunity to re-air Saturday night's opening skit. It's not the part featuring Governor Huckabee, but it provided some unexpected and refreshing spoofing of the media's current intoxication with a Senator. At last, somebody noticed!

No comments: