Monday, November 12, 2018

Music Monday ~ Eye Eye!


We're back at the hospital again this morning - from 6.30 AM this time! Husband is having cataract surgery on his left eye today - right eye was "done", successfully, last Monday.

Another eye song, then, for this Music Monday:





Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long........



POSTSCRIPT - We saw the new movie Bohemian Rhapsody on Saturday afternoon - enjoyed it! 10/10. Excellent performance by Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury.

3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I can't wait to see that movie, it's been on my list.

Good luck to Himself and the remaining eye.

XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~ Let me know what you think of the film whenever you get to see it, WWW!

Thank you re Himself and the eye. We were on our way home by around 9.30 am. He's still a bit drowsy from mild anesthesia - asleep now. The doc said all went great again this time. Optometrist tomorrow will take off big patch over left eye, and advise re specs etc.

Guess what I was doing during the preparation time and surgery time? Reading your stories in THE BOOK! I read all of yours first then chose a few shorter ones as dessert. Great stuff, WWW. I especially enjoyed your Lighthouse Doctor tale; and your poem about your daughter's feet. :) From what I read of the rest, I liked the idea of "Endo Nobito" (Sid. Woolfrey) - wearing our long gone loved ones - that is a lovely concept!

Wisewebwoman said...

Thank you so very much T, I'm glad you enjoyed the stories. Orla is my daughter - just so you know. Many are local and memoirish. But we all had a pile of fun and it's great to write as you and I know.

XO
WWW