Thursday, December 11, 2008

A US Gem Amid The Dross

US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald is in the news again, in relation to what he has called a "staggering level of corruption" involving pay-to-play politics in Illinois' top office by Governor Rod Blagojevich.

I've been under the weather all week, courtesy of a particularly virulent cold virus so haven't been as active as usual in drafting posts. As a bit of a "crutch" I'm leaning today on my previous post about Patrick Fitzgerald and his astrology. Mr. Fitzgerald is one of the few people in US public life who does truly deserve our unreserved admiration.

Of course, current news stories about Gov. Blagojevich's mischief are being used to perpetrate doubt about President-elect Obama's character, by both right-wing sources and, also by some remaining anti-Obama left-wing pundits and political bloggers. I retain my confidence in Obama, but believe even more firmly in the integrity of Patrick Fitzgerald.

A link to my post "The Untouchable" - Patrick Fitzgerald, from June this year.

4 comments:

anthonynorth said...

I'm certainly going to give Obama a chance. Sorry about your cold. Hope you're better soon.

Twilight said...

Thanks AN....it's a slow-moving entity, currently evolving from sneeze to cough. All part of life's rough pattern - just like your Patternology! ;-)

Wisewebwoman said...

Get well soon, T, those viruses can be so nasty. Yes Patrick seems like one of those rare beings alright and unfortunatly I spotted the name of Tony Rezko in some of these shenanigans.
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Thanks WWW, yes, this one's a real doozy!

I have the feeling that if Fitzy had any suspicion at all that Obama is involved in any of this, he'd have given some indication of it. This is just TOO important. I'd trust him not to hide anything now - or later.
Fingers crossed!!