Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday Supplement ~ Dark & Light

I particularly liked this week's Aquarius piece from astrologer Rob Brezsny at Free Will Astrology

"There is light enough for those who wish to see," wrote French philosopher Blaise Pascal, "and darkness enough for those of the opposite disposition." I'm hoping you will align yourself with the first group in the coming week, Aquarius. More than ever before, what you choose to focus on will come rushing in to meet you, touch you, teach you, and prompt you to respond. Even if all the smart people you know seem to be drunk on the darkness, I encourage you to be a brave rebel who insists on equal time for the light. "

I'll try, Mr. Brezsny, I'll try!

That advice could well be apt for Sun Aquarians this week, but it's equally useful for everybody.....everybody breathing.

Folks do seem to have a penchant for striding off into the darkness of negativity these days. It seems to be the "cool" thing to do.

There's a section of mankind who look for the end of the world to kick in sometime soon. There's another section, in the USA, who can see no good at all in anything the President of the USA is doing - you name it and choruses, from both sides of the political divide, will say he's doing it wrongly and we are heading for hell in a handcart. Similar things apply in the UK and to their leaders, and the same no doubt in other countries around the world.

People appear to have lost the will to trust.

Negativity begets negativity. It sometimes seems as though people are actually trying to will us on towards disaster!

I'm going to promise myself that henceforth I will try very hard not be negative. I will trust the judgment of people I voted into power, and make allowances for the actions of those I didn't vote for. But I will confront negativity wherever and in whatever form I find it.

Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives. Don't waste yourself in rejection, or bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

.....And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.


(from "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann)

5 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

There is much force still for good in the world, T. I often feel like shutting all information away and just concentrating on my own little piece of the world and its breathtaking beauty, but alas the evil elbows in and demands my attention.
I will work harder at ignoring it.
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

WWW ~~~ I know! It's so hard not to rage against it all. But if we all rage and rage, we're calling in the dark, and it'll gather energy.

I think we can point out what's wrong but try to see what possible benefit might ensue. It'll be very difficult in some cases though.

We can but try.

anthonynorth said...

I always try to be positive but often that comes from appreciating the negative and taking measures to not allow it to impede too much in your life.
Contradictions often make sense. At least, that's the way I see it.

Shawn Carson said...

cool story twilight!
Saw the allman band in 1989 and it looked like they were using the same amplifiers and Hammond B 3 organ since the early 70's as their equipment showed lots of "road rash". regardless, they rocked the house in a way that only they can do it with a large rhythm section and gregg out front wailing away. they are one of the top 5 american rock bands of all time!
Gregg's chart has a square from N SA to N NO, illustrating some of the hard times in his life and making him unquestionably, "one heavy dude!

Twilight said...

anthonynorth~~~ Oh yes, we can't ignore the negative. I agree.
As long as we look for the positive in a situation, or a positive way of dealing with it, the rot doesn't set in. If one is constantly presented with, or presents, negative scenarios about the future, or whatever, it becomes an habitual way of thinking.