Saturday, December 19, 2009

Astro-antennae ?

Thoughts I continue to chew on, edited from one of my early posts (December 2006) ~~~~

I believe those who feel drawn into astrology have a particular type of built-in sensitivity. I haven't yet found where, or if, this is represented in a natal chart. Perhaps it isn't - or not completely. An example of this astro-sensitivity occurs when we feel "drawn to" a particular actor, singer, writer, teacher, or anyone actively communicating, communally or personally with us. I've found that in almost all cases of such attraction there turns out to be some correlation between my astrology and that of the other person. This is most remarkable when it arises from non-personal communication such as TV or film . How can it be ? Actors in film and TV are portraying fictional characters. How does their astrological self bleed through their performance to find my astro-antenna ? I don't know, but it has happened to me too many times for mere coincidence. I suspect that this type of experience is not uncommon.

Astro-sensing, as I call it, seems to me to be enormously significant. It's different from being psychic; and a thing apart from "magick" and New Agey stuff.

A commenter in 2006 wrote:
Anonymous... I think its energy sensitivity. People are always projecting their energy whether their medium is being onscreen, through their writing, art, or even by having an online presence!
Astrology definitely explains this chemistry in a tangible form of language.-KR!SS
Reply:
Yes, KR!SS, agreed - and isn't it remarkable that those energies are retained over countless years on film and video, in books and paintings?
I find it truly fascinating !

2 comments:

Dan said...

Very interesting, though it doesn't explain how certain stars seem to have a near universal appeal.
I mean, not everybody liked say Marilyn Monroe or Elvis, but the majority seemed to be very drawn to them both during their lifetime and long after their deaths. How does one explain this astrologically? Is it somehow the effect of the transpersonal planets in their natal charts?

Twilight said...

Dan ~~~ Hi there! Hmmm - that's a puzzler, I agree.

The two people you mention have been raised to iconic status, and though I agree that they did have very wide appeal in their lifetimes (but I wasn't impressed much by either of 'em), I do wonder if the hype in years after their death hasn't influenced a lot of people who would otherwise not have been particularly interested in them.

Star quality, charisma or whatever we call that magical universal attractiveness is a little different from the kind of astro-sensing I suspect we are capable of.... probably loosely related though.

I'd guess that your suggestion is right : transpersonal planets, and perhaps something to do with how they relate to natal Moon (I think it connects to the public in horary astrolgy?) and Jupiter - the broadness of their appeal?

Something more for me to chew on! :-)