Friday, March 16, 2018

Arty Farty Friday ~ A Glance at Impressionism

I've been a little distracted and otherwise engaged for a few days so, instead of my usual arty farty dish with a side order of astrology, today's post is just a brief review of some well known Impressionist paintings. Impressionism isn't my own favourite genre, but it is easy on the eye, that cannot be denied. Impressionism is almost like comfort food, when one is weary of surrealism, abstract art and...well...the outright weird!


2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

How lovely. I was fortunate to see many of these in both Dublin and Ottawa at Renoir travelling exhibits.

Thanks for the treat for the eyes, the music was oddly discombobulating :)

XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~ Yes I suppose the music has to be chosen with care due to copyright issues - I often find background music to be a wee bit quirky, and suspected that's the main reason. :)