Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Two Olivias - Benson and Dunham

These are, of course, fictional characters from TV's Law & Order SVU and Fringe respectively. Olivia Benson played by Mariska Hargitay and Olivia Dunham by Anna Torv.

The portrayal of both characters by these actors is top notch - I never fail to enjoy their performances in every episode. We're currently renting DVDs of Fringe in order to catch up with lots of missed episodes. This is an excellent series - somewhat akin to The X Files and Twilight Zone. Law and Order SVU is a classic, we watch any new or repeated episodes whenever they appear on the schedule.


I'm not sure what it is that I find so engaging about both characters (who are probably nothing at all like the actors involved). So many portrayals of female characters in movies and TV leave me either cold, annoyed or wanting to throw up. These two are different. Could the fact that both actors have Sun in an Air sign (as do I) have anything to do with this? I dunno - it's the characters I like, and don't know anything about the actors themselves.

Mariska Hargitay was born 23 January 1964 in Santa Monica Ca. (Astrotheme has 5.58AM birth time) : Sun, Mars & Saturn in Aquarius. Capricorn rising.
Anna Torv, born in Melbourne Australia on 11 June 1978 :Sun and Mercury in Gemini.

It's a weird feeling I get when I'm "attracted" to some TV character, or someone in real life, later to find that there's a likely astrological reason. I still feel the odd goosebump, even though it has happened so many times that I ought to be used to it by now.

7 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I usually buy or rent good series, T as I don't "do" TV, you recommend these so I must check them out..
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

WWW ~~~ Renting is always preferable to watching a good series, I think - it does away with those frustrating commercials.
I do think you'd enjoy these two series.

Twilight said...

Should have said "watching a good series on TV networks....

Sam said...

Isn't Mariska Hargitay the daughter of Jayne Mansfield?

Twilight said...

Sam ~~~ Yes, she is, and her father a well-known wrestler I think (Mike Hargitay). :-)

anyjazz said...

It really is interesting when you discover connections between people like this. It's a connection between the two and to you this time.

Twilight said...

anyjazz ~~~ Yes, connections are all over the place. We live in an astrological network ;-)