Thursday, June 04, 2009

PEREZ HILTON ~ "Queen of Mean"

I'd never heard of Perez Hilton before I read of his comments about American Idol runner-up, Adam Lambert.
When I first came across his name on the internet I assumed he was one of the illustrious Hilton family. I envisioned a suave dandified character, slicked back hair, Armani suits - the whole nine yards. What a surprise!


Perez Hilton isn't his real name. The name he was born with is Mario Lavandeira.
Rolling Stone's article by Erik Hedegaard, "The Queen of Mean" is a candid critique of Mr. Hilton.

This guy makes a lot of money from his mega blog which reportedly attracts 7 million visitors a day. In it he regularly dishes out salacious, bitchy gossip about America's so called "celebrities". It has to be said that if seven million (mostly) Americans didn't read his writings Mr Hilton would probably have found some other means of making a living. Supply and demand!

Whatever floats yer boat, I guess. But his writings don't float mine. I am interested to see at how the planets were aligned as he was born though. Perhaps he came into this world under that mythical "angry sky" - or more approate in his case "snarky sky".

\
Perez Hilton was born on 23 March 1978 in Miami, Florida. I don't have any time of birth for him so a 12 noon chart will give, at least, information of planets in signs.





Well....it's not a badly unbalanced chart element-wise - there is a bit of everything there. It is a bit of a teeter-totter though - there's a trio of Aries planets at one side and the rest spread out on the other side. A bit of an inner conflict showing, I think. Aries trio wants to be the big bully, while other planets spread fairly evenly between Gemini to Sagittarius seem much more circumspect and possibly even "nice" - certainly well integrated:
27*, 24*, 24*,20*, 15*, 15*, 18*...... tripping off one another in semi-sextile, sextile and trine, like a chorus line in harmony - with that Aries trio across the chart trying hard to drown them out.

By the way that red glyph near Jupiter is Matrix Software's version of Black Moon Lilith - the Moon's apogee. I'm wondering whether it has any significance, especially when close to another planet or sensitive point, so have left it in as an experiment. There are myths and legends about Lilith which I'll studiously ignore, because in my view they don't translate easily or comfortably into modern day life. I prefer to see whether any significant similarities occur when looking into natal charts.

Lots of configurations and patterns can be found in this chart, but two I think are particularly significant: a Grand Trine in Fire signs, and a Yod.
The Grand Trine hooks up Hilton's Aries Mercury/Venus with Neptune in Sagittarius and Saturn in Leo. Here's where I see his snarky attitude - Saturn and Neptune hooked up to Mercury and Venus. Neptune isn't mean, but it's imaginative, foggy, deceptive. Saturn can be mean and/or sarcastic when linked to Mercury as here - this is the circuit which feeds his writing style.

This Yod (Finger of Fate) links the sextile between Moon in critical Virgo and Uranus in intense and potentially dark Scorpio, with two quincunx aspects (150*) to - again Mercury/Venus.

So Mercury, the communications planet is being "fed" via two routes - the Fiery Grand Trine, and by a combination of Moon and Uranus: emotional intensity colored by the eccentricity of Uranus and dark intensity of Scorpio.

You know - I think that says it all about this guy's style. Perhaps there are some good things to be found in his chart, but seeing that he doesn't bother to look for the good in anybody else, I'll leave it at that.

4 comments:

Jared said...

I am not a fan of Perez Hilton either, but I have a number of friends who are and I find this assessment fascinating. Bitchy queens must come from somewhere, I suppose. :)

Twilight said...

Jared - Hi! yes - I suppose so! ;-)

Sorry that I've been unable to comment on yours, so far- I get an "aborted" message back at me. It's some kind of a glitch at Blogger I understand, it happens on one other site I visit too.

Shawn Carson said...

I am not familiar with this person's work, and it sounds as if i haven't missed much. As you said, his chart is fairly well balanced and connected along mainly the third decanates of the signs. The Sun, however is fairly unaspected or integrated, outside of a conjunction to the south node, suggesting that he unconsciously derives his identity through this association with the trendsetters.

Twilight said...

Shawn ~~~ Good point! Yes, the Sun is a bit out on a limb - it's semi-sextile Chiron the Wounded Healer, that's all apart from the link you point out. Maybe his connection to the "beautiful people" of show-biz provides a kind of healing to what might be a rather sad soul.