Saturday, January 20, 2007

THE WEEK THAT WAS (sprinkled with astrology).



A quick re-cap of some events which caught my attention this week:

The unrelenting freezing temperatures here in Oklahoma, to be followed, we are told, this weekend by oodles of snow (only rain so far) . Other parts of the US, Britain and Europe have experienced severe weather too. Did the rare visit of Comet McNaught leave something equally rare behind, for the Northern hemiphere to remember him by ?


****************

One of my favourite American politicians, Dennis Kucinich gave a speech to Jesse Jackson's Wall Street Project Conference January 8, 2007 - A video of the speech appeared on line this week. Dennis Kucinich was inspired. Late in the speech he sang the song "Sixteen tons", afterwards declaring "We WILL NOT go back to THAT kind of life!"
(Sixteen tons and what do you get, Another day older and deeper in debt, St.Peter don't you call me 'cos I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store.)
Video at http://kucinich.us/node/182 (click on "Video" in the navigation bar).I had a lump in my throat as I watched....must be his heavy Scorpio influence - Why can't America have a president like this?

**************************

The Golden Globe Awards brought more honours to Dame Helen Mirren for her portrayal of Queens Elizabeth I and II of England. I haven't seen either of the films, not being a fan of royalty in general, but I'm certain that Helen Mirren's 3 planets in royal Leo helped make her regal portrayals realistic.
A quick look at her chart indicates that transiting Pluto and Mars were trine her natal Mercury this week - that'd help!

**************************
The return of American Idol and its lesser cousin Nashville Star was a mixed blessing! I'll be addicted... again, and anchored to the TV on two or three nights a week for the foreseeable future. As the weeks progress some birth data might be available for me to play with - grist for the mill.

*****************************

And .....They moved the Doomsday Clock 2 minutes closer to midnight, supposedly towards 'The End of the World'. I think it's more likely to indicate a time when, like Cinderella at midnight, we could be catapulted from a dream-like existence into cold, cold reality - that's if we're lucky! Threat of nuclear destruction and threat from climate change take equal shares of the blame for this move towards so-called doomsday. We are getting closer to Pluto in Capricorn, I think there's a connection !


No comments: