Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ryan Seacrest and his astrology


After watching Ryan Seacrest doing his thing on American Idol once again, I was curious to see his natal chart.

Out of the whole crew of that incredibly popular show, and I'm a great fan, he strikes me as the most professional. He's not treated too well by critics and comedians who often have him at the butt of their jokes and bitchy comments.


I knew absolutely nothing about Mr Seacrest, or his other professional endeavours and was initially surprised when I saw his chart.
Born 24 December 1974, Dunwoody, Georgia. No time known.

The Sun, Mercury and Venus are at 2, 5 and 14 Capricorn respectively. Surprising to me - until I Googled for more information on Mr. Seacrest, then all became clear. He's a workhorse, and an ambitious businessman.

From tvguide.com
Seacrest already has a full plate — besides his radio shows On-Air with Ryan Seacrest and American Top 40, his gigs on E! News the Live from the Red Carpet specials, and Idol, he is co-owner of eight restaurants and a clothing line (The R Line). He is also busy producing E!'s Paradise City, a Vegas-based half-hour reality series about twentysomethings trying to make it in the entertainment industry (debuting in 2007), plus he's working hard rooting for his famous friends. And if that weren't enough, he's working on a new ndustry-related project that is too secret to divulge just yet, but which he hopes to announce in the beginning of the new year.

From nytimes.com
Each day at 4 a.m. Ryan Seacrest, the tireless host of "American Idol," is wide awake staring at a schedule that frightens even him at times. "There are certainly days when I'm brushing my teeth and thinking, 'How are you going to have the energy to do all of this today?' " he said in his sparsely decorated dressing room, a half-hour before he was due to direct traffic on "Idol." "But it's like running. The first few minutes are difficult, and then you find a rhythm."............
"I'm frightened by the thought of being out of work," he said. "Growing up, there were people on shows like 'Diff'rent Strokes,' 'Facts of Life,' 'Love Boat' that you thought would be huge stars for the rest of their lives, and they've just vanished. You never want to be that person."

Ryan's Moon is in Taurus, opposed by Uranus in Scorpio - emotional commitment will not be easy for him, he craves excitement, novelty, challenge. Saturn at 16 Cancer opposes his Venus, possibly bringing limitation to his love life. He can't possibly have much spare time! Ryan is presently single. Gossip seems to have surfaced from time to time as to his sexual orientation. Who cares?

Jupiter lies in Pisces, Neptune and Mars are conjunct in Sagittarius. Pluto's in Libra(the only Air planet he has), and Uranus in Scorpio. I feel certain that if his birth time were available we'd see some planets in Air houses, probably his ascendant in Air too - I think he's too good a communicator to be lacking in that element.

One surprising piece of information at http://extratv.warnerbros.com
Ryan - "I was bullied," he confessed. "I used to lock myself in my room and scrape the skin on my cheeks because I wanted to be thinner. It wasn’t that big a deal. I just was teased. I had braces, I had glasses, I had Simon’s haircut -- so I was teased when I was a kid."

That early experience, together with his natal Jupiter in gentle Pisces no doubt contributes to his compassionate approach when dealing with some VERY eccentric, often pitifully misguided would-be singers.

I feel I understand Ryan Seacrest a little better now! In a nutshell: a compulsive worker and achiever, foregoing emotional relationship for the sake of his future career, but with an underlying base of compassionate understanding. Difficult, but nice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

according to corinne kenner, his rising sun is in capricorn... so he has sun, venus and mercury in his 1st house.

Twilight said...

Anonymous .....Thanks for that - interesting, but not surprising.
:-)

Twilight said...

Anonymous ....there's a post with his chart too, published a while later

http://twilightstarsong.blogspot.com/2008/05/mr-seacrest.html