Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Morning Comin' Down


Kris Kristofferson wrote "Sunday Morning Comin' Down" - it's one of his best songs , I think. You can feel it, and smell it, and hear it!

I thought Kris had Gemini Sun, but no - it appears his sun is at 1* of Cancer, though he does have Mercury, Mars and Venus all in Gemini. I've always thought he LOOKS like a typical Geminian type - thin, wiry, a little nervy.
There's a hint of Cancerian feeling in this song - the nostalgic, feeling sorry for oneself thing. I have Cancer ascendant - I know that of which I speak!

According to Astrotheme Kris has Scorpio ascendant, I don't know how accurate the birthtime of 3.30pm is. I'd have guessed an Aquarius ascendant - he has no planets in Aquarius but his political views and some of his other songs whisper Aquarius to me.

I can't bring myself to cut out any of this song's lyrics - here they are in full

Well I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast
Wasnt bad so I had one more for dessert
Then I fumbled through my closet for my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt
(It's the one I'm wearin')
And I shaved my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day


I'd smoked my brain the night before
With cigarettes and songs that I'd been pickin'
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Cussin' at a can that he was kickin'
Then I crossed the empty street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone fryin' chicken
And it took me back to somethin'
That I'd lost somehow somewhere along the way'

Chorus:
On the Sunday morning sidewalk
Wishing lord that I was stoned
'Cos there is something in a Sunday
Makes a body feel alone
And there's nothin' short of dyin'
Half as lonesome as the sound
On the sleepin' city side walks
Sunday morning comin' down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl who he was swingin'
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the song that they were singin'
Then I headed back for home and
Somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing
And it echoed thru the canyon like
The disappearing dreams of yesterday.

Chorus:
On the Sunday morning sidewalk
Wishing lord that I was stoned
'Cos there's something in a Sunday
Makes a body feel alone.
And theres nothin' short of dyin'
Half as lonesome as the sound
On the sleepin' city sidewalk
Sunday morning comin' down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my contribution:
I hear he has one of the biggest dicks in Hollywood. Seriously. Along with Don Johnson, which is sort of funny. :-)

Twilight said...

LOL, elsa! Knowing that gives a whole new meaning to his song "Help me make it through the night". Maybe his Scorpio ascendant IS correct.

Anonymous said...

Ack! Dang it Elsa, now I've got to go wash my mind out with soap! :)

And awww... this was one of mom's favorite songs. Thanks for the sweet memory, Ann.