Thursday, March 03, 2016

Fixed Stars in Zodiac Sign Pisces

Last of the 12 zodiac signs: Pisces - a look at Fixed Stars within this sign. Data comes from Astroweb (HERE), showing star positions in 1900 in the left-hand column and in 2000 on the right.

Astrological interpretations for some of those stars, if found to be tightly conjunct a natal personal planet, or important point, are available online. A good, all-encompassing website to investigate for this is
Constellation of Words.





Fixed stars within the boundaries of zodiac sign Pisces are part of constellations Aquarius, Pegasus (winged horse), Cygnus (swan) and Eridanus (river) rather than constellation Pisces.

Formalhaut, one of the four Royal Stars is located in the mouth of the Southern Fish, Piscis Austrinus (not to be confused with the constellation Pisces). Explanation of the importance of the Royal Stars in ancient times, when their positions marked the four cardinal points, the equinoxes and solstices, is part of the Gemini chapter of this series HERE.

Several of the Fixed Stars in zodiac sign Pisces are within constellation Pegasus - named for the mythic winged horse. Stars of Pegasus, in general, are said to reflect, in any with personal planets conjunct a Pegasus star: ambition, vanity, intuition, enthusiasm, caprice and bad judgment. [Robson]

Jupiter in my own natal chart is conjunct Biham (in the head of Pegasus), also Sadalachbia located on the water jar of the Aquarius figure. Sadalachbia is said to be:

"The Lucky Star of Hidden Things". In horary it indicates the ability to discover that which is hidden or lost. 'The Lucky One for Hidden Things, or for Tent dwellers'; Abhbiyah is the plural of a word once common for a tent but also meaning a place of seclusion. It is said that, when the Sun rises conjunct this star, about 25th February, then all the worms and insects come out of their winter holes and tent dwellers can move to their Spring pasture-lands. That is the warmer climes of Arabia, of course, not London or New York. The meaning we find in this star is, as an indicator of the right time for making moves, entering upon new ventures, a likelihood of general success in enterprises if Sadachbia be well placed and aspected on the horoscope. [The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse]

Another matter of interest regarding constellation Pegasus:
Regular contributor "mike" mentioned, when commenting recently on a post about Pisces the zodiac sign, that The Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius has an interesting variation: the Age of Pegasus as an intermediary between Pisces and Aquarius. We are fully into Age of Pegasus now according to some sources:

See
http://astrologyking.com/constellation-pegasus/#age

http://academysounds.blogspot.com/2010/06/age-of-pegasus.html


Is there a passing reader with natal planet(s) conjunct any of the stars in zodiac sign Pisces?

11 comments:

mike said...

Azelfafge is within one degree conjunction of my N Node and with Scheat, both are opposed my S Node-Saturn conjunction in Virgo. Only considering the Azelfafge conj N Node, I must have serious work to perform toward completion...N Node is the path forward. This snippet from thriveonnews.com regarding Azelfafge:
"This ingenious fixed star seeks release in the fulfillment of any work well done… focusing all energy on the completion and achievement of tasks that have required planning, perseverance and strength."
http://thriveonnews.com/2013/09/17/fixed-star-azelfafage/

This description has qualities of Virgo, but I assume that Azelfafge's position at the very tail-end of Pisces derives the meaning. The older I become, the less task-oriented I am, but I definitely do enjoy ticking-off items on my vast to-do list...LOL. To paraphrase Minnie Pearl, why clean house today, when it'll just need it again next month.

Twilight said...

mike ~ Yes I thought "Virgo" as I read that too.

Azelfafage is in constellation Cygnus - Constellation of Words on Cygnus in general:

Influences: Cygnus gives a contemplative, dreamy, cultured and adaptable nature. The affections are ill regulated and unsteady, the talents develop late. There is some love of water and swimming and the arts. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Resh and the 20th Tarot Trump "Judgment". [Robson*, p.42.]

LB said...

mike ~ Your North Node must be conjunct my 2H Draconic Venus. In Pisces, maybe we were once artists who worked together in a previous life ~ and/or maybe we'll work together to create something in a future one ~conjunct your *natal* NN and within a degree or two of my Draconic NN . . . which, of course, also means we share a SN connection.

Weren't you a chemist? It's funny, because in the most recent (previous) lifetime I've dreamed of and remember, I was an artist who worked closely with (and even *depended* upon) the efforts of skilled chemists. One man in particular comes to mind, though both he and I lived out our worker-bee lives in relative obscurity.

mike (again) said...

LB - Well, interesting...we ARE acquainted through this site...it was meant to be, LB...LOL! I'm not for certain, but I don't think Draconic placements-aspects can be compared to natal for an individual, so synastry-composite is probably a no-go, too. I'm fortunate in having my N Node at 27*31' of Pisces...I only have to add 2*29' to planets and cusps to re-position at 0* Aries. There must be meaning in that, assuming Draconic is for real...something like I'm living both my conscious and soul-unconscious charts together this incarnation...? Nothing special with having Draconic N Node at 0* Aries, as Draconic unifies everyone's' chart to 0* Aries. Where is your natal N Node?

Yes, I've worked in chemistry prior, with the last two decades of career in biochemistry, purification of recombinant proteins in biotech. Your last paragraph states the reverse for me, interestingly! This lifetime, I've always been involved in some discipline of science, but always had a fair number of artist friends to entertain me.

Where have you been? Last I heard, you were under a Saturn-Neptune cloud. Sonny, kidd, and Sabina have been low-profile as well. Are you astrologically aspected by the upcoming solar eclipse at 19* Pisces?

mike (again) said...

LB - My error...according to this site, Draconic is directly compared to natal, progressed, etc:
http://www.falconastrology.com/draconic.html

LB said...

mike ~ My natal North Node (and Venus) are in Libra. As we speak they're being opposed by transiting Uranus.

I sometimes feel transits to my Draconic very strongly. Or Draconic transits to my natal. The upcoming Eclipse will aspect placements in both my Draconic and natal, so I already have a sense of its significance.

Where have I been? Oh, just lurking.:0 Maybe, like me, Sonny, kidd and Sabina are quietly reading Twilight's posts too.

*****

Hi Twilight.:)



kidd said...

I read here everyday ...
But my Saturn III can be very reticent ...

kidd ...

- No natal Pisces ... and as of last Thursday ... no more progressed Pisces either.
- The progressed Moon (in 16 yrs) ... being the exception of course.

mike (again) said...

LB - Then your natal S Node is conj transiting Uranus I assume (8th house?). When Uranus transited my S Node, I had ch-ch-changes, but my natal S Node is within a degree of conj natal Saturn. It was a very strange time for me, a revolution, very exciting at the time, and it laid a positive path forward. Only happens once in a lifetime.

mike (again) said...

kidd - Good to know that you're Pisces-free.

kidd said...

I was starting to feel ... umm ... fishy?

kidd.

LB said...

mike ~ Yes, not exact (yet) but getting closer. It's been a very strange time, transformative, unsettling, exciting. My SN is trine my natal Saturn in Sag, so I'm also within range of my Saturn-Return. Still in the midst of an exact Neptune transit too.