Wednesday, December 05, 2018

CHRISTMAS CARDS

I know, I know, they're going out of style in these days of e-mail, Facebook, smartphones etc. I realise, also, that there are valid ecological arguments against buying and sending Christmas cards. But still I buy 'em and send 'em! When governments, especially the US government, stops spending piles of money on the war machine, which puts far more toxicity into the atmosphere, and is far more wasteful of resources than my traditional habit - then I'll stop sending Christmas cards. I send cards to friends and relatives in the UK and in the USA. I try to choose cards printed in the USA and/or on recycled paper. It's a tradition that I enjoy keeping, but when my generation dies off in coming years, the tradition will be likely to die with us.

Back in 2007, at Christmas time, I did a post featuring Christmas card styles for the 12 zodiac signs. Blogger's changes to its interface and other considerations, in intervening years, have messed up that old post. The illustrations are really too small too, so - a re-make is in order! It should be borne in mind that what follow, astrologically, are in relation to the essences of the 12 zodiac signs themselves, not necessarily as Sun signs - but if Sun signs are your 'thang' y'all can consider these in that way.


Aries
Lighthearted fun, usually sent early:



Taurus
Traditional, Christmas goodies, or landscapes:





Gemini
The Trickster Twins:






Cancer
Homely scenes:





Leo
Classy, large, dramatic, colourful, expensive looking:




Virgo
Minimal, restrained but not boring:





Libra
In the best of good taste:





Scorpio
Cards which grab the attention, sometimes with a darker undertone:






Sagittarius

Santa, travel, or fun subjects with a generous flavour:




Capricorn
No nonsense, structured, traditional:




Aquarius
Unusual, non-traditional:





Pisces
Whimsical, or something important not yet featured - religious-flavour - Pisces is one of the best zodiac signs for that:


4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I like these. I think it pretty accurate judging from those around me and my family :)

XO
WWW

R J Adams said...

'Ere, why do us Geminis always get the rotten press?

Twilight said...

Wisewebwoman ~ Good guesses then! :)

Twilight said...

RJ Adams ~ Awwww - but that's my favourite of all of 'em RJ!