Monday, March 31, 2008

Home Again

I'm back in the saddle again after a very pleasant trip to Taos, New Mexico. Astrologically, the only thing I have to report from the trip is that, sadly, we were there a few days too early for a workshop held by author of "Cosmos and Psyche", Richard Tarnas. The workshop, titled "Planets and the Birth Imprint", will take place on 6 April. It appears to be somewhat connected to "The Birth Imprint" theme for the 8th Annual HDP Symposium (Association of Human Design Practitioners), being held in Taos 3 to 6 April. The announcement says "He (Richard Tarnas) is an inspiring speaker and uses great music to experientially evoke the energies of planetary archetypes." Sounds interesting. Not for the first time I was in the right place at the wrong time - astrology-wise.

Even in the lovely town of Taos we couldn't escape politics:



And we walked around a lot leading to this:



Nice mural:



Around the galleries, both in Taos and in small outlying villages, the variety and volume of local creativity and talent is truly amazing. As I said to one artist/gallery owner, "I don't often wish to be rich - only when I see work like this." Some artwork is priced in tens of thousands of dollars. We did wonder just who buys at such prices, in the current financial climate. Luckily it's all free - as eye candy.

(Photos by the husband)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. You couldn't talk HWK into staying longer so you could attend the workshop?

Twilight said...

Hi KM :-)

Well, I expect I could have done, but allergies (pollen etc.) hit me quite badly, severe nasal congestion, runny itchy eyes, and HWK suffered mildly too, so we were ready to hit the road, as scheduled. At least we missed the line of storms passing the route home today !

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Twilight. Didn't understand a word of the astrology bit, but loved the murals. Especially that one of the woman on the bench rubbing her feet - very realistic!

(Yeh, I know, I've not changed while you've been away!)

;-)

Wisewebwoman said...

Welcome back T:
So good to hear your 'voice' once again tho I'm with RJA on your so-above-my-head astrological references.
Nice pics from the boy.
And is that you rubbing your feet?
XO
WWW

Twilight said...

Hello you two! Nice to "see" you both again.

LOL! RJ. It's been said many a time that I'm no oil painting, so it's nice to be mistaken for one for a change. ;-)

Yep - the old "plates o' meat" were killing me WWW. I'm so out of practice !

Rhea said...

I really like New Mexico. Taos is especially nice because it actually has some green.

Twilight said...

Hi Rhea - thanks for the visit!

Agreed! New Mexico is magical for me - so much variety, north to south, and a European feel which makes me feel immediately at home. I love it.