Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The dreaded Eris

I still have a bee in my bonnet about Eris.

Having searched through message boards and websites, I've found that astrologers and astrology fans/students all seem to be agreeing that "strife and discord" is the meaning to be attributed to Eris.

I am probably more astrologically challenged than many of those making the above proposals, yet I am entitled to my own opinion on the matter. I think that astrology is something that people can sense or not sense - rather like being tone deaf or able to carry a tune. I suspect that I am one who can sense astrology, whilst I am challenged when trying to carry a tune.

Eris now lies in the zodiac sign of Aries. Aries is traditionally ruled by Mars.
From time immemorial Mars has been associated with war, aggression, and things of that nature. Astrologers have found this resonance to work well over many centuries. Any planet lying within a zodiacal sign is said to be influenced by the properties of that sign and its ruler. Eris has been in Aries for longer than most people living, and will not move into Taurus until after 2050.

Eris might have a specific connection with discord, independent of Aries, but how can anyone be sure until she moves out of that sphere of influence ?

No comments: