Monday, January 29, 2018

Music Monday ~ Earworms


Earworms! I have two at the moment, thanks to the theme tunes of a couple of old TV series we're watching, at the rate of one or two episodes per evening.


The first song accompanies The Guardian, first aired between 2001 and 2004, starring Simon Baker - I love to watch Simon Baker! He has a gorgeous face. There are times when he reminds me, facially, of the late Paul Newman - now he had a face for the ages! Simon, the guardian, is a very different Simon from Simon The Mentalist.

The earworm - by The Wallflowers:




My second earwormy tune: the theme song from British comedy series The Royle Family, aired originally between 1998 and 2000, with 'specials' from 2006 to 2012. This show is definitely an acquired taste, even for British viewers - and what American viewers make of it I cannot imagine - though my husband gets it, and enjoys many a belly laugh while watching it.


The show's theme song is sung by Neil Gallagher of the band Oasis.



No comments: