Sunday, June 03, 2007

It was the third of June....


ODE TO BILLY JOE

It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty Delta day
I was out choppin' cotton and my brother was balin' hay
And at dinner time we stopped and walked back to the house to eat
And Mama hollered out the back door "y'all remember to wipe your feet"
And then she said "I got some news this mornin' from Choctaw Ridge"
"Today Billy Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge"







"Ode to Billy(or Billie?)Joe" was written and sung by Bobbie Gentry in 1967.

Bobbie Gentry: born 27 July 1944 in Chickasaw County, Mississippi.
Sun, Pluto, Venus and Mercury all in Leo. A great show-bizzy line-up of planets. She has/had a very Leo mane of hair!
Jupiter and Mars in Virgo. Saturn in Cancer, Moon in either Libra or Scorpio.

The only quote from Bobbie Gentry I've been able to find is:
"Euphemism is a euphemism for lying". Hmmm - I'd say that her two analytical, critical Virgo planets are showing there!

2 comments:

Brenda Starr said...

Oh, can you tell me about myself based on my date of birth?????

Twilight said...

I've replied on your blog, Laurie Anne. :-)